Saturday, September 23, 2023

NO SIN TOO GREAT...

I was reading about Satan's temptation of Jesus in Matthew, and suddenly I had a lot of questions about unsaved sinners 'in the presence of God'.

I always wondered why God would reach down to me when I was a lost sinner trying to figure out who He was or even if He existed.  I guess the fact that I was looking for Him made Him want me to find Him even more (which is probably not a 100% biblical statement, but close) - Jeremiah 29:13.

So as I read Matthew, I asked God why I was so important to Him that He would even recognize me in my unworthy, sinful state.

In my spirit, God said these literal words: "Sin does not surprise Me, I am the One who let you live in it, but I am also the One who loves you too much to just let you die in it." (Romans 3:23-24)

No comments: